Thursday, January 25, 2007

Comfort and Prayer

Most times when I become involved in this kind of work...helping children (or people in general) I become very overwhelmed with all the pain and suffering that goes on in our world. It seems so unfair and too huge a task to even make a difference. When I read stories or listen to the news or find out information about the pain of children, my heart breaks. If only there was more I could do. People are always telling me, "baby steps...one child at a time...." I know this is how it is done but sometimes it just doesn't seem enough.

Recently our family found out that 2 very close friends of ours have family members who have been diagnosed with lung cancer. There are no words "good enough" to help with the pain. My friend, Peggy, introduced me to the song "When I Call On Jesus" and I have been listening to it over and over because I am so sad about what is happening around us. For my close friends and their families...to all the little children around the world, our prayes are with you and I hope you remember Jesus is real and He is with us through our pain.

When I Call On Jesus (by Nicole C. Mullen)

I'm so very ordinary
Nothing special on my own
I have never walked on water
I have never calmed a storm
Sometimes I'm hiding away from the madness around me
Like a child who's afraid of the dark
But when I call on Jesus all things are possible
I can mount on wings like eagles and soar
When I call on Jesus, mountains are gonna fall
'Cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue me when I call.

Weary brother, broken daughter
Widowed, widowed lover
You're not alone
If you're tired and scared of the madness around you
If you can't find the strength to carry on...
When you call on Jesus all things are possible

When your heart is broken and you feel discouraged
You can just remember that He said He'll be there
When we call on Jesus all things are possible
We can mount on wings like eagles and soar
When we call on Jesus, mountains are gonna fall
'Cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue us when we call.

Isn't it amazing...He will move heaven and earth to rescue us when we call.

Tammy

2 comments:

Lisa L said...

Yes He will! He is so good! That is my FAVORITE song and I love to sing along...though I am sure my family wishes that I wouldn't;) Prayers are going up for your friends.

Deb said...

Wow Tammy that's hard to hear, prayers up for them.

I haven't heard that song before but the words are beautiful.

2 Corinthians 1:5