Sunday, January 28, 2007

Care Packages are sent!

The fun package for the children in the orphanage. The kids helped me get this together and we packed it as tightly as we could! We had to leave some things out but we'll put them in our next one.

10 pairs of gloves, candies and lotion for the nannies - this is what the nannies requested when we asked what they would like :-)
-------------
Well...we did up 2 packages for Alyssa's orphange. One for the kids with all the fun stuff and one for the nannies. There are 10 nannies who work at this orphanage.
I've emailed a whole list of questions to our contact in China and she is going to speak with the Director this week to find out the answers. We wanted to know if the orphanage needed heat, air-conditioning units, formula for the babies, special cleft bottles/formula, crib mattresses, toys, etc... We are very excited to get started with our next project!!
-------------
By the way...the name of Alyssa's orphanage is Fenghuangyuan Orphange which is in Yongzhou City, Hunan. If anyone who reads this blog knows anyone who adopted from this area, PLEASE have them email us or leave a comment so we can get in touch! We have started a book for Alyssa of children who were in the orphanage when she was. We've been in contact with several families who've adopted from her orphanage - they live in the U.S. and Australia. So far, we haven't found a child in Canada from this same orphanage.
The orphanage will receive their money for the snowsuits THIS WEEK. Stay tuned for pictures of the children wearing their new duds!!!
------------
With a happy heart,
Tammy
--
P.S. I added a new Tip to the "Spend Less, Give More" section on my sidebar...

2 comments:

Deb said...

I am so inspired by your heart Tammy, I love how you have your children helping out, this will be a life lesson for them.
God Bless you for helping him bless others.

J Brant said...

Dear Tammy and Chris,
I finally got around to checking out your blog. As always Tammy you inspire me with your goodness and kind heart. I feel like I have known you forever since listening to your CBC story on the radio a little over 2 years ago (which doesn't really seem that long ago in some ways). I am sorry I haven't done anything yet to help in this cause but hope to in the future (of course you are in my prayers). Please add me to your blog side bar and I will add your to mine. Congratulations on all you have done so far, it is heartwarming and a wonderful gift you are are giving to Alyssa, as well as the orphanage.
Take care,
Jennifer Brant and family
http://chinasladybugsbaby.blogspot.com