Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Questions for the day...

I am getting very anxious to go to China. All I can think about is touching the children's faces and having the chance to hug them, play with them, smile with them, rock them, watch them enjoy the playground...

Is it enough to share our love this way? It's impossible for us to adopt every child so how can we make sure children are given the chance to know the love of a family and to know the love of Jesus? When I travel to China I will not be able to openly talk about Jesus and how much he loves us, the nannies, the children, etc... Will they be able to see Jesus through our actions, through our committment to love these children?

I've been thinking a lot about what the children need the most. We will continue to provide for their basic needs with food, clean & safe environment, clothing, medical help, toys, books and all those things that can help them grow strong. But each child really needs the love of a mother, a father; to know they are THE most special child in the eyes of someone. How can I do this for them?

I will never stop advocating for the children but at the same time I find it extremely difficult on an emotional level. Honestly, there is not a day that goes by that I don't cry over these children and pray for their safety, their lives and the hope that they will find a family.


Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.
— Edmund Burke

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tammy,
With beautiful words like that, you may get me to China yet!
Love Mari Lynn