Thursday, March 29, 2007

On our agenda...

We visited Crystal Palace (Moncton, NB) over the March Break - the kids had a great time!
The boys on the rollercoaster
Ready for combat laser tag

Alyssa riding the train

Chris and I are heading to the Dominican Republic this Sunday. WOW! It happened very quickly...our friends, Peggy and Matt got a last minute deal and twisted our arms until we agreed to go with them. It took a lot of twisting as you can imagine! Thankfully, my dad is coming over from Nova Scotia to stay with Caleb, Dylan and Alyssa. My mom and grandmom will join him on Easter weekend so the kids are going to be spoiled!
I apologize to those who emailed me about Love Without Boundaries - Canada. We are still going to go ahead with this but there have been some changes with personnel in the US organiztation so we've had a tiny setback. When I get back from my trip I will touch base with everyone and set up some kind of meeting - via email, conference call, skype, etc...
Chris and I and the kids may be heading to China sooner than we planned due to the Olympics. We've heard orphanages are not allowing visits next Spring so we may go in the Fall instead. If we can get our funds together this would actually work better because we are hoping to plan it with the building of the playground at Alyssa's orphanage. My friend, Mari Lynn, suggested we plan a Kids Carnival to raise money for the playground and I think it's an awesome idea! We planned one LONG ago when we were in college and it was a great success. What better way to raise awareness for a fun playground than through a Kids Carnival. We are hoping to have this in June sometime. When I get back from the trip I will be starting to organize the calendars. I'm trying to think of a cool name for them so please leave suggestions in the comments for me!
Chris and I are taking a suitcase full of school supplies, toys, books, etc... to the Dominican with us and we will be visiting a local orphanage and school while we are there. I will try and post pictures after we visit. I'm hoping there may be someone I can touch base with and find ways we can help them back here in Canada.
Getting ready for some sunshine,
Tammy



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tammy, I hope you have a great trip. You deserve a break. I'll miss you though. Who will eat my food when you're gone. I'll be ready to help plan the kids karnival when you get back. And I'll try to think of a name for the calendars. Talk to you soon. PS try not to sneak any kids back in your suitcase. :)

Deb said...

Have a great trip. Can't wait to see pics!